Looking for Foreclosure Defense lawyer in Palm Harbor? You need a professional Consumer Law or Civil Litigation attorney serving
THE TOP 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF FORECLOSURE IN
PALM HARBOR, FLORIDA.
1. You only have 20 calendar days to respond to a foreclosure lawsuit. If you do not respond within 20 calendar days of being served, you risk losing your case by default.
2. If you have been served with a foreclosure lawsuit, do not call the bank. Call a foreclosure defense lawyer.
3. Your written response to the lawsuit must raise legally sound defenses to the foreclosure or you can waive your defenses. Do not simply write a letter explaining your hardship.
4. There are defenses available to you besides payment. Banks are required to provide you with certain notices prior to suing you and the bank must prove it has the rights to the Note. There are also certain certifications that must be in compliance with the law. There are other defenses available as well. Just like any other lawsuit, the bank must prove its case. A good foreclosure defense lawyer will make the bank prove its case.
5. If you have been served with foreclosure papers you need to focus on the Court case. Do not call the bank and if you have already done so, do not listen to what they tell you. Remember - the bank is suing you. The bank is not your friend. Keep your focus on the litigation, which is what is taking place in Court. This is how you fight the bank and keep you and your family in your home. The folks at the bank do not understand litigation and are not lawyers.
For more information read our FAQ by clicking here.
Call for Advice. Call Torrens Law Group P.A. at (813) 260-4883. Serving all of Tampa Bay, Florida.
Visit Torrens Law Group P.A. office serving Palm Harbor
100 S. Ashley Dr. Suite 450
Tampa, FL 33602
Ryan C. Torrens
Experienced attorney handle cases in Palm Harbor and surrounding counties.
In a perfect world, all of our civil disputes would be resolved through discussion and negotiation, without the need for involvement of the court system.
With the economic collapse, the issue of creditor harassment has truly come to the forefront. Many consumers were forced to fall behind on their bills due to job loss and general economic hardship.
Here at Torrens Law Group, P.A. we zealously represent homeowners in foreclosure by asserting legal defenses on your behalf and forcing the lender to prove its case.